10/3/12

eye of the needle

Read the Wall Street J for the first time this summer today. (always appreciate getting my hands on a Weekend edition around these parts). Between a few final editing sessions on a video piece I've been putting together about ski touring in Kamchatka.  (wrapped it up) 
While it Snowed.  Yes, the Talk of the Town today around much of the northern Rockies.

Around 3:30 I rode my bike up to the post office in Cooke, then figured I might as well go for a jog up Republic Creek/ Peak.  

Gotta love a nice spontaneous outing.  And a good view of the Tetons.  
There's been a big fire between here and there for most of the summer, so it was cool to see them again.
In the foreground (only just distinguishable) is a feature they call the Eye of the Needle.  It's a big rock arch, perched on top of a mountain.   Psyched to explore it via skis this winter.




1 comment: